Re: Confused by y-or-n-p

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Confused by y-or-n-p
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2021 00:14:33 +0000

Having both behaviors available at the same time is also, I believe, a necessary condition for a fruitful comparison and discussion. Otherwise the discussion is about the merits of a removed behavior vs. the new behavior instead of about the merits of a behavior A vs. a behavior B.

It is very easy to compare without having both behaviors in the same binary: just keep old binaries around. That's what I do, and it allows me to quickly see what was past behavior, and even perform a quick "bisection" when some new problem is reported. Highly recommended.

That's what I do, too. But you can't expect regular users to do this to compare two behaviors in order to give feedback.