Re: [ELPA] New package: repology.el

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: repology.el
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2021 13:21:00 +0200

On 05.01.2021 08:33, Richard Stallman wrote:
   > As such, it's untenable to suggest that this project, or the proposed
   > package, promote any particular piece of software listed.

I am not convinced -- but I'm willing to take a concrete look at what
you're talking about.  Would you please show me a couple of entries
in repology?  For instance, how about the one about LLVM?

I'm not sure how to do that, the entry is pretty big. But here are two excerpts from two tabs:

Repository      Package name    Version         Category        Maintainer(s)
Adélie Linux current
user    clang-doc       8.0.1           -       awilfox@adelielinux.org
Adélie Linux current
user    clang-analyzer  8.0.1           -       awilfox@adelielinux.org
Adélie Linux current
user    clang-libs      8.0.1           -       awilfox@adelielinux.org
Adélie Linux current
user    llvm8   8.0.1           -       awilfox@adelielinux.org
Adélie Linux current
user    llvm8-libs      8.0.1           -       awilfox@adelielinux.org
Fedora Rawhide  clang   11.0.1          Unspecified     -
Fedora Rawhide  compiler-rt     11.0.1          Unspecified     -
Fedora Rawhide  flang   11.0.1          Unspecified     -
Fedora Rawhide  libcxx  11.0.1          Unspecified     -
Fedora Rawhide  libcxxabi       11.0.1          Unspecified     -

and

clang
8.0.1 (8.0.1-r0)

    Maintainer: