Re: Poll: Change xref-show-definitions-function's default?

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: Poll: Change xref-show-definitions-function's default?
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2021 21:09:30 +0000

Daniel Martín <mardani29@yahoo.es> writes:

> buffer (like it is now).  The completing-read option feels a little bit
> akward to me because you first have to press TAB to see your options,
> and then have to TAB complete on the "artificial" syntax that xref uses
> for definitions (eg. "compile.el:(defun compile)").

Yep, the syntax feels clunky to me. Some things don't lend themselves
well to representation in a flat list, and definitions from files --
which happen on a many-to-many relationship -- are one of them.

Though in fairness you can skip the TAB-pressing if you use another
completing-read interface, such as fido-mode.

João