Re: Unseen attribute doesn't get saved in rmail

From: Andrea G. Monaco
Subject: Re: Unseen attribute doesn't get saved in rmail
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2021 21:05:26 +0100

  > I think you can use rmail-show-message-hook to call a function that
  > sets the buffer's modified flag, then reading a message will leave
  > that set.

Thanks, I didn't know about that hook.

But I wonder if that workaround is enough: I saw that the hook is called
at the end of the function rmail-show-message-1, but after the snippet
that I posted the information I care about is lost: we don't know if the
mail was just read for the first time or not; so we can't set the
modified flag meaningfully.

Is that correct?

Andrea Monaco