Re: Recentish C-s M-y change

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Recentish C-s M-y change
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2021 09:09:38 +0200

> From: Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>
> Cc: ghe@sdf.org, emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2021 00:28:31 -0500
>
>   > I would urge you (and other veteran Emacs users) to report any
>   > annoying change as a bug the first time you see it.
>
> I saw many of them when they were proposed.  I did not argue against
> them because there was apparent support for each one at the time.

I didn't mean to report a bug when the change is proposed, I meant to
report a bug when you actually see the changed behavior in your Emacs
for the first time.

> But so many of these search bindings have accumulated that it
> adds up to a problem -- and worst of all, people seem to be drawn
> to propose more changes in that keymap.

I think (or rather hope) that timely reporting of these changes as
bugs would contribute to us being more cautious with similar changes
in the future.