Re: Integration of dictionary package

From: Torsten Hilbrich
Subject: Re: Integration of dictionary package
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 08:40:21 +0100

On 08.11.20 16:16, Matthias Meulien wrote:
> Torsten Hilbrich <emacs.nolkaf@hilbrich.tk> writes:
>
>> by suggestion of Jean Louis I have started integrating the dictionary
>> package (found on https://github.com/myrkr/dictionary-el/).
>
> Thanks for working on this.
>
> Here are two minor improvments:
> - Remove text property from on empty lines
> - Add history to read-string

Thanks for the suggestion, I will add them to my branch.

I have now completed the work on my branch
feature/integration-of-dictionary-el. For reference, here is a list of
the commits so far:

b6227446d9 Importing dictionary module
658ec3ccee Renamed connection.el
e2ebffdd62 Renamed link.el
723906c444 Removed some compability parts in dictionary
5dc17d73b0 Add :version tag to defcustom statement
49c250b388 Dont't check coding-system-list for existence
99a7e918c8 Don't check for existence of defface
1773b9b687 Dictionary now uses button
329b6a0210 Adding details page for dictionary
837505075c Fix dictionary tooltip mode
2f1e4fbc42 Support nil value for dictionary-server
91ff1c8f7c Move placement of dictionary-tooltip-mouse-event
28fe134971 Remove text property from empty line
7ca331a4f9 Add history of search words to read-string

I have also implemented the suggestion that dictionary-server should
have a default value where first a search on localhost is considered. If
that fails and the user agrees to it the search will be done at
dict.org. The customization of that variable allows the user to select
either this automatic mode (default), search on localhost only, search
on dict.org or search on a user-supplied server.

I think the code is now ready for merging.

How is this done and where to merge the code into? Shall I do the merge
by myself or it is done by some specific maintainer who are handling this?

Thanks,

        Torsten