Additional cleanup around xterm-mouse

From: Jared Finder
Subject: Additional cleanup around xterm-mouse
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2020 00:49:03 -0800

Two more patches doing misc cleanup around xterm-mouse.

The first patch is very straightforward and should be trivial to review and merge.

I have a question about the right way to proceed with the second patch. Redirecting to read-key seems like the right solution here as it is "read-event but also take input-decode-map into account". I needed to make a change to read-key's implementation to make it also return button down events and I saw two ways to do that. I would like advice on which way is preferred. In the patch you can see the two options commented in subr.el with Option 1 enabled by default.

Let me know what you think.

  -- MJF