RE: Stop frames stealing eachothers' minibuffers!

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Stop frames stealing eachothers' minibuffers!
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2020 08:45:56 -0800 (PST)

> The defaults are selected for the common usage patterns.  It is not
> clear to me that the test case you presented is common.  But if it is,
> perhaps we do need to consider changing the default.
>
> Does anyone else think this is common usage, to have a minibuffer-only
> frame while other frames also have minibuffers?
>
> Alternatively, perhaps minibuffers activated in minibuffer-only frames
> should behave specially in this regard?

FWIW (not much, I'm afraid):

I can't speak to this, as Emacs 27 has totally broken
Emacs for me.  And specifically wrt changing frame
focus while using the minibuffer (which in my case is
in a standalone frame).

(I've mentioned this before.  And yes, it's too bad
that I have no specifics that might help track down
the problem.  I have to continue to use Emacs 26, to
be able to use Emacs at all.)

Something - dunno what, and dunno whether I'll ever
have the time to somehow track it down - makes it
impossible to use Emacs 27 with my setup, which has
a dedicated frame for *Completions* whose focus is
automatically redirected to the standalone minibuffer
frame.

Just sayin', to mention that at least one user has
been bit badly by _something_ that changed from Emacs
26 to 27 - something in the area of frame focus and
the minibuffer.