RE: Friendlier dired experience [CODE INCLUDED]

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Friendlier dired experience [CODE INCLUDED]
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2020 09:07:51 -0800 (PST)

> History handling: can it not be handled by recentf/winner modes already?
> I am not particulary against custom history handling, but recentf
> already does it and winner has undo/redo stack maybe they can be reused?

I don't know just what you or Boruch had in mind wrt
"history handling".  But FWIW, Dired+ lets you open Dired
on just the recent files and dirs or just the recent dirs.

With a numeric prefix arg you can enter the names of
recent files to include or exclude.

The file listing is always in the order of `recentf-list',
which is reverse chronological order of opening or writing
files you access.