Re: Friendlier dired experience [CODE INCLUDED]

From: Boruch Baum
Subject: Re: Friendlier dired experience [CODE INCLUDED]
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2020 06:15:07 -0500

On 2020-11-03 13:54, Jean Louis wrote:
> * Boruch Baum <boruch_baum@gmx.com> [2020-11-03 13:45]:
> > I've just published an elisp package that extends and configures
> > dired-mode with features that many people have come to take for granted
> > in other programming languages. For the source code and the detailed
> > description, see: http://github.com/Boruch-Baum/emacs-diredc
> >
> > If the project is interested in it, I can assign the copyright.
>
> I would test it.
>
> For some reason I cannot M-x package-install-from-buffer

Thanks. The instructions say to evaluate the buffer. Does that work?

> Error:
> package-read-from-string: Can’t read whole string

I can't reproduce this in emacs 26.1, but I do get the error in
emacs-snapshot. I don't have emacs 27, which may be what most users in
the field will be using. What version were you using?

--
hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1  7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0