Re: icomplete-mode in emacs-startup-hook stopped working

From: Pankaj Jangid
Subject: Re: icomplete-mode in emacs-startup-hook stopped working
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2020 09:55:52 +0530

Pankaj Jangid <pankaj@codeisgreat.org> writes:

> I have this in my startup file:
>
> (add-hook 'emacs-startup-hook
>         (lambda ()
>           (icomplete-mode t)))
>

> Till yesterday, it was working. In today's build it is
> not. `icomplete-mode' is not active after startup.

Okay, found this in docstring,

If called from Lisp, toggle the mode if ARG is ‘toggle’.  Enable the
mode if ARG is nil, omitted, or is a positive number.  All other
values will disable the mode.

And setting `t' to `+1' worked. But I am just curious if this is a
recent change that even a truth value `t' is not enabling the mode.