Re: Include leaf in Emacs distribution

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Include leaf in Emacs distribution
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 18:41:21 +0000

Naoya Yamashita <conao3@gmail.com> writes:

> Are there any other points of discussion?

Thanks for summarizing the discussion.

There is a plan in motion to distribute use-package with Emacs 28.1.
IOW, it seems emacs-devel is mostly convinced that it brings useful
features.

The leaf package, here proposed for inclusion, is superficially very
similar to use-package.  I have therefore asked some questions regarding
the difference between `use-package' and `leaf':

> Do you see any other major benefits of leaf over use-package?  Or the
> other way around?
>
> Could you explain why I would want to use one or the other (as a user)?
>
> Could you explain why Emacs would want to include one or the other (as
> developers)?

As far as I can tell, the above hasn't been clarified.  Or perhaps I've
missed it.

Could you provide an answer to the above, even if only briefly?