Re: Proposal for an Emacs User Survey

From: Thibaut Verron
Subject: Re: Proposal for an Emacs User Survey
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2020 13:03:40 +0200

Le mar. 20 oct. 2020 à 11:48, Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> a écrit :

> * Thibaut Verron <thibaut.verron@gmail.com> [2020-10-20 11:23]:
> > I agree, but that's because of difficulties inherent to polling, not
> > because of a bias that could have been easily avoided.
>
> It is not difficult, it is one simple stupid HTML, make it nice with
> CSS, form can be accepted and saved in file for later processing.

Yes, I thought I was clearly stating that the difficulties I was
referring to were not related to the form of the survey, where in my
opinion they did choose a reasonable path.

The difficulties are inherent to polling and concern reaching a
sufficiently large sample, weighing it for representativity, etc.