Re: ~Make emacs friendlier: package documentation [POC CODE INCLUDED]

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: ~Make emacs friendlier: package documentation [POC CODE INCLUDED]
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2020 23:16:31 -0400

> Yeah, I noticed it when checking emacs-snapshot for outline-cycle.
> I never noticed it before probably because my emacs loads it at start up
> to create the emacs init file. I'm ok with trying outline-minor-mode
> instead of org-mode once the cycle / navigation features are committed /
> merged.

BTW, this time-to-load problem of Org is something that would be good to
fix (basically by being more careful to load things more lazily, so
a simple Org file can open quickly and only those files which use more
functionality take longer).

It's the second time now already that we end up discussing using
outline-(minor-)mode instead of org-mode just because of org-mode's
"excessive" time to load.

        Stefan