Re: master 5b13afa: Update publicsuffix.txt from upstream

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: master 5b13afa: Update publicsuffix.txt from upstream
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2020 22:25:13 +0300

> From: Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>
> Cc: Stefan Kangas <stefan@marxist.se>,  emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2020 09:33:06 -0400
>
> What I mean is a place where we list all those things that need
> occasional updates.  It doesn't mean we have to update them at every
> release, but that every release would be an opportunity to go through
> the list and see if an update is in order.

Do you mean admin/release-process?

> How many of us are sufficiently aware of this publicsuffix.txt copy we
> have?

That could be asked about every file in the repository, I think.

> Are there enough of us to make sure we won't end up forgetting about
> it some day?

If this file needs to be added to some of the files mentioned, feel
free to do that.

IOW, IMO it's not that we lack "a central file listing those files";
rather, those central files don't mention everything they should, so
we should fix them one missing file at a time.