Re: New multi-command facility displays in the wrong echo area.

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: New multi-command facility displays in the wrong echo area.
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 22:46:29 +0300

> Btw, the C-s use case is special, you can see that if you do just
> this:
>
>   C-x C-f
>   C-s
>
> Juri, would it make sense to do something special for Isearch in the
> "C-x o" case as well?  Or am I wrong, and there's nothing special
> with Isearch using the mini-window here?

Actually, this case is not special to Isearch.

AFAIU, the problem is following: typing more characters at the end of
the minibuffer enlarges the minibuffer window when the minibuffer grows
longer than the frame's width.  The question is why the minibuffer window
is not enlarged when an overlay is added at the end of the minibuffer?
Is it possible to do this for an added overlay?  If this is impossible
to do automatically, then maybe the minibuffer window could be enlarged
in set-minibuffer-message?