Re: Proposal for an Emacs User Survey

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Proposal for an Emacs User Survey
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 07:10:03 +0300

* Drew Adams <drew.adams@oracle.com> [2020-10-12 02:25]:

> > > Nothing _limits_ input to email.  That's all we handle today, and we
> > > should at least continue to handle such input.  But if we want to
> > > entertain supporting other input methods (smoke signals...
> > > whatever), that's not impossible.
> >
> > Is hard for me to understand the above.
>
> It's hard for me to understand what you write, below.
>
> My point there was only that nothing limits acceptance
> of user input only in the form of email.  That's all.
>
> To be clear, I'm in favor of continuing to accept
> input by email.  I'm strongly in favor of that.
> And in particular by `report-emacs-bug'.

Yes, I have confirmed that.

Additionally for users who did not set up email system, I said that
form can be used to submit information, which in turn is again
converted to email. A form submission can be anonymous, or with email
address again, but email system need not be set.

I am not using Windows, but there I think on Windows mostly. I doubt
GNU/Linux systems all have set up email transport, but they would
rather have WWW access. Is it now clearer?