Re: Include leaf in Emacs distribution

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Include leaf in Emacs distribution
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2020 10:02:19 -0700

Naoya Yamashita <conao3@gmail.com> writes:

> What I envisioned when I started the project was a picture of
> each individual setting mass, each leaf, doing its part to make
> up a whole, a big tree.  Because I envisioned multiple leaves for
> a single package in this way, I came up with the package name
> "leaf" instead of "package".

Thanks, your explanation made it a bit more clear how this is different
from `use-package'.  But from your abstract description, I still have a
hard time understanding the benefits of using your package.  Could you
perhaps show an example of the usage you have in mind here?

IMO, the name "leaf" is not very descriptive at all.  Any Lisp code is
already a tree, so it carries little information about exactly what kind
of "leaf" we are talking about.  Why not try to come up with a more
concrete and descriptive name instead (for example,
`use-configuration')?