Re: How to make Emacs popular again.

From: Daniel Martín
Subject: Re: How to make Emacs popular again.
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2020 22:45:18 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> For interactive functions (a.k.a. "commands"), there's an ambiguity
> here: should the link lead to the Emacs user manual or to the Emacs
> Lisp Reference manual?  We could show both, but that could confuse
> users (as opposed to Lisp programmers).

IIRC, info-lookup already has some heuristics to decide between the
Emacs manual or the Emacs Lisp manual. For example, C-h S on find-file
opens the Emacs manual (even though the command is indexed on both
manuals), but C-h S on region-end opens the Emacs Lisp manual.

Maybe those heuristics are already good enough to make users and ELisp
programmers happy.