Re: crdt.el collaborative real time editing for Emacs

From: Qiantan Hong
Subject: Re: crdt.el collaborative real time editing for Emacs
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2020 08:22:13 +0000

Thanks! Actually, it will be incredibly useful if you can get a dump
of CRDT ID state. To do this, M-: (set-buffer-multibyte nil) in
*Message* (to make it unibyte, CRDT ID are arbitrary binary strings
in general and multibyte buffer does some unicode conversion stuff),
and then M-: (crdt--dump-ids) in the CRDT server/client buffers. This
basically dump out the complete state of CRDT IDs and
should be easy to spot inconsistency between dumps on different
emacsen. Note that it might be very long and get truncated by *Message*.
M-: (setq some-var (crdt--dump-ids)) in the CRDT buffer and then
M-: (insert some-var) in a unibyte buffer is a workaround. Or
any other method that you prefer.

> If undo is done on connected computer, the undo is not shown on the
> server.
Yep haven’t work on undo-redo at all. Any behavior can happen.