Re: Question collaborative editing - Wikipedia reference

From: Qiantan Hong
Subject: Re: Question collaborative editing - Wikipedia reference
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2020 04:11:11 +0000

> - let each user customize their username in collaborative
>  client-server connection, just as Gobby editor is doing it. Without
>  such feature none of the users will know who is the other user.
Thanks for your suggestion!
I’m thinking of grabbing some code from https://github.com/zk-phi/togetherly/
It uses different color to distinguish users. I can probably then add some
way to toggle displaying full user name with some hotkey to toggle.
Also need to add a list of connected users and color.

I know that emacs’s make-network-process handles TLS if acting as client,
but seems that the server doesn’t. Any idea?
Or we could rely on some TLS proxy.

> - make sure that it can be started remotely on public Internet server
>  through SSH client, where each of users would then connected. (Those
>  who start it in local network or through VPN would know how to do
>  it.)
>
> - make sure that it can also start through Tor
Haven't test it. The current stuff sends S-exps over TCP, anybody
knows any potential problem interacting with VPN/Tor?

> - enable server to have password, so that not every user without
>  password can connect, just as Gobby editor is doing it.
Does it have one single temporary password of a server or
instead a user-password model? If it’s the former then is it reasonable
to just send plain password (over TLS connection)? Then that will
be quick to implement.