Re: HTTP/2

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: HTTP/2
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2020 21:29:47 +0300

> From: Helmut Eller <eller.helmut@gmail.com>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2020 19:57:19 +0200
>
> >> I'd rather see bindings for libcurl directly.
> >
> > Why?
>
> Because libcurl supports many other protocols, e.g. SCP.

If someone needs those other protocols, they can always develop an
Emacs module which used libcurl.  That is not a reason good enough to
have yet another dependency library for building Emacs.  For that, we
need to carefully consider which protocols we really need and what
for, and only add another library if we really use a large fraction of
its capabilities.  IMO, at least.