Re: feature/icomplete-vertical

From: jixiuf
Subject: Re: feature/icomplete-vertical
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2020 12:45:41 +0800

2020年10月2日 上午12:48,Ergus <spacibba@aol.com> 写道:

Hi:

I made some corrections to simplify the icomplete-vertical feature
branch and pushed (forced) some days ago. (sorry for that, I should have
used a scratch branch instead)

Now the icomplete-format variable is removed and the user only needs to
add at least one '\n' to the separator. I also use
window-text-pixel-size to correct the issue with long lines but still
perform the height calculations in pixels to properly show the ellipsis
as Eli recommended.

I keep the funcall approach because IMO it is cleaner, and reduces
unneeded and redundant things. (And because it is compatible with
something else I am working in)

If some of the previous testers could give it a second try. When it is
fine I will add some documentation and merge in master.
I have tried your branch and it worked perfectly.

1. And Is there any plan to implements  a completion style like helm or  orderless(https://github.com/oantolin/orderless).
 Divides the pattern into space-separated components, and matches candidates that match all of the components in any order.

2. And Is there any plan to implements async-completing-read for icomplete ,
 one of my use cases involve an external command to generate the list of candidates,
and that command may take some time to run( like conusel-rg).

Hope those feature can be implemented in emacs core.

BTW: If someone could give a look to the completions-highlight feature
branch too and make recommendations, report issues?

Best,
Ergus