Re: Question collaborative editing.

From: Qiantan Hong
Subject: Re: Question collaborative editing.
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 16:01:56 +0000

> I want to try Rudle first to see if it fit some minimal "needs". That
> it:
>
> 1) Not require modem/routers special configurations to open ports or
> have a static IP.
>
> 2) Use CRDT instead of OT
>
> 3) It could be integrated with other editors to create "mix" sessions. I
> mean, it doesn't enforces some emacs specific features and plugins could
> be created for other editors.
I took a glance at source of rudel, and I have to admit I didn’t
enjoy reading it — I have to track through several M-. just to
get to some factory method (srsly)? I wonder how much effort
it will take to make such big change in its infrasture.

On the other hand a separate CRDT library is a quite orthogonal
issue and might be potentially reused by other packages, or
even other use cases — like, making Emacs plugins asynchronous.

I’ll work on a separate CRDT library.