Re: master baf331e 3/3: Rename replace-in-string to string-replace

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: master baf331e 3/3: Rename replace-in-string to string-replace
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 15:29:12 +0200

>> Now we'll have `replace-string' and `string-replace'?
>
> I don't care much which name we use, but I mist admit that I'm always
> annoyed by `string-match` vs `match-string` so I'd be happy if we
> avoided this snag for `replace-string' vs `string-replace'?

That's true -- I often get string-match and match-string mixed up, so
perhaps we should have a different name for string-replace.

On the other hand, the reason string-match and match-string get mixed up
is that they are used in the same context.  replace-string and
string-replace are not.  So I'm not sure that pair is as bad as the
former pair.