Re: tooltip feature

From: chad
Subject: Re: tooltip feature
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2020 18:07:04 -0700

On Sun, Sep 27, 2020 at 9:08 AM Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
[...] an alternative would be to provide
a command which will catch the content of the next tooltip (and
e.g. put it into the kill-ring).

Peeking at tooltip.el, it looks quite easy to have tooltip text sent to *Messages* or similar (*Tooltips*?), perhaps based on a global minor mode. I don't personally use tooltips enough to know if that might cause troubles or high overhead. Can someone suggest a reasonable test case where I would get a lot of tooltips?

Thanks,
~Chad