Re: How to make Emacs popular again.

From: Philip K.
Subject: Re: How to make Emacs popular again.
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2020 15:59:53 +0200

James Lu <jamtlu@gmail.com> writes:

> a la Don't Make Me Think by Steve Krug.

I'm not familiar with the book, but from from [0]

> The book's premise is that a good software program or web site should
> let users accomplish their intended tasks as easily and directly as
> possible.

I guess I agree, but it seems to be a truism. Nobody wants to make
software intentionally unusable, it's hard to imagine that people would
still be using Emacs after all this time if that were the case.

The question I see is should it be "Don't make me think" or "Don't make
me learn". I get the first one, but you limit yourself to what you
already know, if you want everything to already be familiar.

[0] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don%27t_Make_Me_Think

--
        Philip K.