[ELPA] New package: shell-command+

From: Philip K.
Subject: [ELPA] New package: shell-command+
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2020 14:56:18 +0200

[ I tried to send this message yesterday already, but for some reason it
  never appeared in the archive. I'm assuming the fault was on my side,
  so I'm resending it again. ]

Hi,

I wanted to submit this package I wrote a while ago. It provides an
interactive command named "shell-command+", that is used in the same way
as one uses shell-command.

The difference is that shell-command+ pre-processes the user-input,
before passing it to shell-command or related functions. I think what it
does is best explained by the examples given in the commentary section:

        > wc -l

   Count all lines in a buffer, and display the result in the
   minibuffer.

        .. < ls -l

   Replace the current region (or buffer in no region is selected)
   with a directory listing of the parent directory.

        | tr -d a-z

   Delete all instances of the charachters a, b, c, ..., z, in the
   selected region (or buffer, if no region was selected).

        ... make

   Run Eshell's make (i.e. `compile') in the parent's parent
   directory.

I have previously submitted the package under the name "bang" to
MELPA[0], but have since decided that the name isn't expressive and
could therefore confuse users. This version also includes a few
improvements that I have not yet added to bang.

It should also be noted, that the file is currently licensed under the
CC0 1.0 Universal (CC0 1.0) Public Domain Dedication[1] license, which
I'm not sure if it is OK.

[0] https://melpa.org/#/bang
[1] https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/

--