Re: [ELPA] New package: splash-screen

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: splash-screen
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 10:03:02 +0200

> We need to preserve that line, and the copyright and license, due to
> legal concerns.

Why?  I can't think of a single other program which displays such things
in its startup/splash screen.

Agree.

"Legal people" don't seem to have problems hiding things in hard-to-find places ("make sure to read the small print", etc), so shouldn't the fact that this information is already there under the Help menu be enough to make them happy/have Emacs or GNU stay out of trouble? Or can we have it in a smaller font (I know, it will not help in the terminal). Or shorten it ("Warranty") and make it clickable.