Re: A modern-mode?

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: A modern-mode?
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 14:20:57 +0200

Gregory Heytings via "Emacs development discussions."
<emacs-devel@gnu.org> writes:

> - winner-mode: I don't understand why you would turn this on, IMO having C-c
>   <left> and C-c <right> to undo window changes is useless for a newcomer, and
>   C-c <left> / <right> is not a keybinding they can guess by themselves.
C-c <...> is not something anyone could guess; and for newcomers to
Emacs probably any kyeboard shortcut would be hard or impossible to
guess. Reason being probably because not much other software have undo
stack for guit layut.

But that shouldn't be reason not to enable winner mode. Winner mode is
usefull and there is probably no reason not to enable it in main Emacs.
I would probably also include ace-window and enable it by default.