Re: Mouse information in xterm.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Mouse information in xterm.
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2020 20:34:43 +0300

> Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2020 18:27:10 +0200
> From: Ergus <spacibba@aol.com>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> The menu part is just how I observed the issue. The problem is somewhere
> else; handle_one_term_event is never called (at least for me) either
> when moving the cursor, or the mouse or clicking here and there. So the
> variables last_mouse_x and last_mouse_y are not updated.
>
> So far I observe that handle_one_term_event is called in a single place
> in the code, but the condition to enter the "if" around is never true at
> least for me.
>
> I tried to create the x-dialog from the scratch buffer. The code works
> as expected in gui, but in xterm I see this problem.
>
> I just tried this in xterm:
>
> (x-popup-dialog t '("Dialog" "Value1" "Value"))
>
> And the dialog appears either in (0,0) or in the center of the screen,
> but not related with the mouse or cursor positions.
>
> There is another function that updated last_mouse_x and last_mouse_y,
> but all it's code is commented.

I'm sorry, I still don't understand what are the issues that bother
you.  Are you trying to pop up a menu from the minibuffer, as in the
above x-popup-dialog call?  And all the rest of your questions are
just your attempt to understand why x-popup-dialog doesn't work as you
expected?  Or are you after something else?

IOW, let me be blunt and ask why do you care what are last_mouse_x and
last_mouse_y, and which code sets them?