Re: Changes for emacs 28

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Changes for emacs 28
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2020 11:41:45 +0300

>> > I think that this is the case, most programmes seem to use the
>> > "Hamburger Menu"[0] instead of a transitional top-menu. I'm not sure
>> > what the reason for this change was, but I have a hunch one of the
>> > motivating reasons was the attempt to merge applications and the window
>> > frames

If the menu-bar isn't displayed then we could display the Hamburger icon
in the tool-bar, and clicking on it will pop-up the menu with items from
the menu-bar, so users won't need to display both menu-bar and tool-bar.

> Me? I'd say the Hamburger menu is the latest fad, to be taken over
> next year by the Sushi menu

Unlike the Hamburger menu that has three sticks,
the Sushi menu icon should have two chopsticks.