Re: "modern" colors Re: Changes for emacs 28

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: "modern" colors Re: Changes for emacs 28
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2020 14:46:28 +0200

On Sat, Sep 12, 2020 at 02:44:29PM +0300, Dmitry Gutov wrote:
On 12.09.2020 02:29, Philip K. wrote:
Maybe it would be better to aim for "Timeless", instead of "Modern".

Among similar packages, I quite like Artur's package:

https://github.com/Malabarba/smart-mode-line

The light version in particular.

It is both an improvement on the default mode-line, and it doesn't change the aesthetics too much.

I had it some time ago, but it added some external dependencies that
increased my startup time. But the aesthetic is actually perfect;
specially the powerline theme.