Re: master 262d0c6: Mark some tests as expensive

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: master 262d0c6: Mark some tests as expensive
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2020 14:30:17 +0200

Hi Lars,

>> I would agree to move even more checks to :expensive, if we could run
>> them for all major target platforms. But we have only hydra and emba,
>> running on GNU/Linux.
>
> Yes, that sucks.  Are there political reasons not to add Macos and
> Windows CI builds, or is it just because nobody has been bothered to?

I cannot speak for hydra. On emba, I don't know political restrictions;
it's rather that nobody has done it. Emba is a giitlab instance; if
somebody could point me where to get proper docker containers based on
*BSD, MacOS and Windows, we could try it.

> On my build machine here at home, I've been installing VMs for several
> Macos versions, as well as Open/Net/Freebsd, and I'm worryingly now
> looking at installing a Windows VM, too.
>
> It's not, like, difficult to do or anything...

I've tried to install a MacOS VM on my laptop, and I failed. Could you
pls point me to a proper starting point (web page, I guess)?

Best regards, Michael.