Re: A new user perspective about "Changes for emacs 28"

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: A new user perspective about "Changes for emacs 28"
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 17:03:30 +0200

On Fri, Sep 11, 2020 at 07:53:38AM -0700, Jack Kamm wrote:
Ergus <spacibba@aol.com> writes:

One thing at the time. Having an alternative to traditional undo that
could be enabled with one of the profiles we were discussing before or
throw an option in the menubar is (in my opinion) a good first step.

I don't think this needs a profile -- just default keybindings for
undo-only and undo-redo. In my usage, they don't replace the standard
undo, rather they complement it.

We don't have too many short bindings available for this.

Also having two "undo" I think is gonna be even more confusing for the
users.