RE: Custom Et Al: Build-Up The Underlying Platform was Re: A new user pe

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Custom Et Al: Build-Up The Underlying Platform was Re: A new user perspective about "Changes for emacs 28"
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2020 08:53:14 -0700 (PDT)

> From: Tim Cross ...

Lots of interesting suggestions and observations.

In particular, this one:

  rather than the 'custom section' or custom file
  would be to have custom write individual files
  into a ~/.emacs.d/custom directory?

(I'd prefer that the dir location be the value of
a user option, with ~/.emacs.d/custom as default value.  But I think the idea
is a good one.)
___

One thing I wouldn't mind having is some kind of timestamp on each
`custom-set-variables' and `custom-set-faces' entry.  Or something equivalent.
Or optional sorting by recency of modification.  Or maybe such info in a
separate log file.

Just a spur-of-the-moment thought, not carefully considered.  It comes from
seeing an entry and wondering when the hell I added it (or why). ;-)