Re: Changes for emacs 28

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: Changes for emacs 28
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2020 14:23:05 +0100

On Monday,  7 Sep 2020 at 13:44, Jose A. Ortega Ruiz wrote:
> Well, yes, but that cuts both ways: for new users with experience with
> other editors or current environments, opening Emacs for the first time
> amounts to a huge user interface change.

Yes, but a decision consciously made by choosing to try a new tool
whereas a change to the interface made to an existing user is without
her conscious choice.

But I'm one of those crusty/fusty Emacs users whose .emacs file (none of
this new fangled .emacs.d or .config business ;-)) dates to the 1980s so
I won't mind what happens as I'm sure I will be able to fix things to my
satisfaction...

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50 & org 9.3.7 on Debian bullseye/sid