Re: Issue building master

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: Issue building master
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2020 19:58:03 +0200

Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2020 09:23:18 +0200
From: Ergus <spacibba@aol.com>
Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org

BTW when emacs was loading in: dump mode: nil mode

Many commands were failing here and there; one specially recurrent was
with an error in `load-history-filename-element` telling: wrong argument
type stringp (require 'something).

Is this "normal"?

What is "dump mode: nil mode"? where did you see this?

I already had this issue some time ago but yesterday it came back
again.

This message appear in the top of the Messages buffer when emacs can't
find the dump file (usually after a compilation issue like this if I
make bootstrap but not distclean). Then emacs loads all the packages
after that message which takes some time.

Stefan reported a similar issue about the problem of finding the
dump. And of course we shouldn't be using that mode but I won't expect
an error like that in load-history-filename-element.

Best,