Re: Emacs 27.1 Windows Binaries -- testing wanted

From: phillip . lord
Subject: Re: Emacs 27.1 Windows Binaries -- testing wanted
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2020 08:53:17 +0100

Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2020 21:18:26 +0100
From: phillip.lord@russet.org.uk
Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org

> I'd like to see the code first, in a version that satisfies you
> functionality-wise, because otherwise I fear that my opinion on the
> location might be based on incorrect or inaccurate assumptions.
>
> Thanks.

A full version? I sent my starting point through before attached a few
back. Very simple.

How far away is the full version?  I don't need to see all the
decorations, like the commentary, license, etc., just the code of a
version that is close to the final one.

What you sent looked like a general idea.  Is that how the final
version will look like? a separate ert test for each feature, and the
tests added and removed manually?  Or will there be some glue you
didn't yet show?

No that was the idea. I'd also add tests for other packaging errors that have come up. If I can do it, testing for optimization, binary stripping would be good. And, a test for total size of the installed package would be nice.

Phil