Re: Warnings in mingw64 builds on master

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Warnings in mingw64 builds on master
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2020 08:25:33 -0700

I'd rather we removed -Wsuggest-attribute=malloc from the options we use.

That option is useful for the non-w32 source code.

Useful how?

It lets both the human reader and the compiler know that the storage addressed by the function's result cannot alias with any other storage. I find this helpful when reading the code because it lets me not worry about aliasing, and compilers can use this info to generate more-efficient code.