Re: Making GNUS continue to work with Gmail

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: Making GNUS continue to work with Gmail
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2020 11:03:01 +0200

    Uwe> Yes, but also two comments:

    Uwe>     1. Do you have a link with an announcement of the gmail developers?

I posted it earlier:

<https://gsuiteupdates.googleblog.com/2019/12/less-secure-apps-oauth-google-username-password-incorrect.html>

    Uwe>     2. I presume such an advice would be useful for rmail, for which
you
    Uwe>        are still the maintainer? (VM wanderlust and others which
however
    Uwe>        not part of  Emacs)

Any code in emacs that wants to connect to google services using
IMAP/SMTP (and maybe POP, if they still support that) would be
affected. That includes things like smtpmail that mailers not bundled
with Emacs can use.

Robert