Re: Making GNUS continue to work with Gmail

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: Making GNUS continue to work with Gmail
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2020 18:04:53 +0200

Lars> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

Lars> Sorry; don't have one.

Lars> It has nothing to do with security, but, yes, I believe Google calls it
Lars> "Allow less secure apps" in their web interface.  That option will go
Lars> away.

Robert> for people using gsuite (or whatever the commercial version of
Robert> gmail/google docs is called these days). Iʼve not seen any indication
Robert> that they intend to do the same for non-commercial gmail access.

> <https://gsuiteupdates.googleblog.com/2019/12/less-secure-apps-oauth-google-username-password-incorrect.html>

> seems to support that

Ok, that is good for me, at least for my university account, I have also
a very old gmail account going back to 2004, which also seems
unaffected. But I would not trust it. So yes I think it where good to
have the more recent method of authentication implemented.