Re: Add new functions to mark/unmark/delete all bookmarks

From: Matthew White
Subject: Re: Add new functions to mark/unmark/delete all bookmarks
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2020 19:59:49 +0200

On Sun, 02 Aug 2020 17:13:50 -0500
Karl Fogel wrote:

> Hi, Matthew.  I have had a chance to test the new changes against the
> 'master' branch, both manually and with 'make check'.  Everything
> looks good.
>
> I also re-reviewed the diff.  Actually, I diffed the *new* diff
> against your original diff from July 24th, since I'd already reviewed
> that one, and then I just reviewed the meta-diff :-).  Everything
> seems fine.  I see that in the tests you add some hyphens to bookmark
> names, e.g., "name0" to "name-0" (no problem).  You also started
> using the existing `bookmark-bmenu-any-marks' in the tests -- good
> thinking; I had forgotten that that function existed.
>
> There is one very minor thing that I should have spotted before.  It
> is so minor that there is no need to post a new patch -- I can just
> add a fixup commit after applying your commit.  In the new function
> `bookmark-delete-all', the doc string says:
>
>   "Permanently delete all bookmarks.
>    Doesn't ask for confirmation if NO-CONFIRM is non-nil."
>
> A more Emacs-y way to write this would be:
>
>   "Permanently delete all bookmarks.
>    If optional argument NO-CONFIRM is non-nil, don't ask for
> confirmation."

Hi Karl, you keep surprising me. Thanks!

> Again, there is no need to redo the patch (unless you feel like it).
> We can take care of it in a follow-up commit.
>
> Please let us know when your paperwork is all done.  I'm looking
> forward to having this change in Emacs.
>
> Best regards,
> -Karl

Karl, I waited to answer you in the hope of getting the paperwork...
Still nothing here...  I don't know if the FSF already registered my
copyright assignment request, they have my signature, though.

About the patch, your help is priceless, Karl. I have no trouble to
attach an amended patch, what pressures me is to give you the right
credits!  In these days I was thinking how you make me look smarter
than I really am...

Do as you feel, Karl.  The attached patch is my attempt to give you
credit, but you are free to do a follow-up commit, if you prefer.

Best regards,
Matthew