Re: Debugging aspell problems

From: Juan José García-Ripoll
Subject: Re: Debugging aspell problems
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2020 17:12:56 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
> Let's use much more direct method: Process Explorer from Sysinternals.
> Please configure the Process Explorer (via View->Select Columns) so
> that it shows the following attributes for each process:

Thanks, this is indeed more direct. I did not know it existed. And I can
confirm your results.

> What I see on my system (with Hunspell) is that each time I type M-$,
> the Emacs process's I/O Writes counter increases by 4, and the I/O
> Write Bytes increases by 18.  Which is exactly what I would expect,
> since ispell.el sends these 4 strings to the speller:
>
>    !\n
>    +\n
>    %\n
>    ^buffer\n

I see now the problem. Emacs uses +\n to set aspell into tex mode while
it uses -\n for fundamental or other text modes. When +\n is entered,
mingw64's aspell crashes.

>   . do you perhaps have some local/private dictionary that affects the
>     issue?

No, everything is a pretty much stock configuration.

Sorry for the noise.

--
Juan José García Ripoll
http://juanjose.garciaripoll.com