Re: Regarding outline headings in emacs-lisp libraries

From: Yuan Fu
Subject: Re: Regarding outline headings in emacs-lisp libraries
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2020 13:00:51 -0400

On Jul 26, 2020, at 11:32 AM, Jonas Bernoulli <jonas@bernoul.li> wrote:

- We currently don't put the `provide' form, the local variable
 definitions and other "stuff that goes at the end" into a dedicated
 "back matter" section.  Instead we put these things at the end
 whatever other completely unrelated section happens to come last in
 the file.

 In my own libraries I name that section "_" and (beside the things
 just mentioned that have to go there because they have to be placed
 near the end of the file) I also use it for "administrative things",
 like adding functions to third-party hooks, test definitions,
 font-lock keyword definitions for forms defined across the file.

Since we normally put stuff that has side-effects (other than definitions) in the end of a package (provide, hooks, etc) maybe we can call it ;;; Side effect or simply ;;; Effect? Or Something in the same line.

Yuan