RE: Add new functions to mark/unmark/delete all bookmarks

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Add new functions to mark/unmark/delete all bookmarks
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2020 17:07:24 +0000 (UTC)

> > I assure you that I never looked into the code of Bookmark+, hence
> > there is no code I borrowed in writing my patch to add some common
> > features to bookmark.el. I'm sorry if people think things that way.
>
> His code is covered by the GPL *and* he signed the copyright paperwork,
> so I don't think his issue is the reverse: he'd rather that the "new
> code" be taken from his to reduce the difference between bookmark.el and
> bookmark+.el.

Yes.

To the extent that some of the stuff in Bookmark+
were to be integrated into vanilla bookmark.el, I
wouldn't need to include it anymore in Bookmark+
(except for older Emacs releases).  IOW, a plus
for me, in terms of Bookmark+ maintenance.

A more important reason for others is that (IMHO)
the Bookmark+ versions of overlapping features are
generally better than the vanilla versions.

And there are a lot more features, many of which
could be added to vanilla bookmark.el with little
trouble, I expect.

I'm not volunteering to help with any such
integration (I haven't the time, energy, or will),
but I'd be happy to help with understanding the
Bookmark+ code if someone did try to integrate
some of the functionality.