Re: Regarding outline headings in emacs-lisp libraries

From: Jonas Bernoulli
Subject: Re: Regarding outline headings in emacs-lisp libraries
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2020 00:54:01 +0200

"T.V Raman" <raman@google.com> writes:

> We've had that for ever -- yes but via disparate means that power
> users have discovered. I read the original proposal on this thread as
> getting one step closer to exposing that power to more users via a set
> of consistent mechanisms. >> this == "being able to collapse expand
> and navigate code by sectioning and subsectioning"

Those facilities already exist, whether you limit yourself to just
`outline-minor-mode' and its hands-on commands or additionally use
something like `bicycle' (there have been similar approaches).

If as a side-effect of this conversation you have learned about some
facilities, then that is a side-effect, but that's not what wasn't
really my goal.  (I begin with an introduction to how all this works,
but that really was to make sure that all who voice an opinion on my
proposal have a common understanding of what we are talking about.

What I would like to talk about is my proposal, which is: lets make the
"major code sections" siblings, not children, of the "Code:" section.