Re: Opaque objects and Emacs documentation

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Opaque objects and Emacs documentation
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2020 21:54:50 -0400

If we want to dowplay the current subsctructure of a piece of data,
that does not require mystifying that current subsctructure.  It is
easy to avoid that.

We define an accessor defsubst for each of the data it contains.  We
document its meaning.  We define a constructor function, and document
the meaning of each argument.  We manipulate them always through those
functions.  VoilĂ !

The subsctructure is clearly shown and yet changing it later is painless.

--
Dr Richard Stallman