Re: Opaque objects and Emacs documentation

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Opaque objects and Emacs documentation
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2020 18:03:33 +0300

From: Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2020 17:35:20 +0300
Cc: npostavs@gmail.com, emacs-devel@gnu.org

You are welcome to propose a patch that would implement the same
observable functionality (a partial one would do), and I'll tell you
what's wrong with it.

The issue I suggested to discuss in this thread is a general one,
project.el is just an example.  Thus, asking for a patch is not going
to advance the discussion.

It would.

By contrast, an explanation why you think
project.el could not have successfully implemented in any other way
would advance the discussion, because it would show us the advantages
of such a design and implementation, to be weighed against the
disadvantages I pointed out.

I explain something, you say "no, you haven't explained". This game is exhausting and unfair.