Re: master 1e3b0f2: Improve doc strings of project.el

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: master 1e3b0f2: Improve doc strings of project.el
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2020 00:02:47 +0300

From: Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru>
Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2020 21:55:48 +0300

As a maintainer of an umbrella project, you're supposed to respect the
contributors' efforts, and especially the maintainers of subsystems who
have more understanding about the design and purpose of said subsystems.

I do.  But sometimes I'm not convinced, the disagreement cannot be
resolved, and there's no compromise anywhere in sight; in those rare
cases I insist on my opinion.

I have made plenty of compromises, some in this thread alone. You never seem to appreciate them.

That is entirely my prerogative as the
maintainer, there's nothing new here.

And it is my obligation to care about the code I have in my purview to the best of my ability. Especially for the packages I created.

So you might have a chance to enjoy kicking me out of the project and availing yourself to the spoils.

That's a lot of words to say "things must be exactly as I say for the
good of the project". The implication being that your experience is
always best, or that you were chosen as the maintainer for being an
expert on all aspects of Emacs (spoiler alert: that was not the reason).

You are putting words in my mouth that I didn't say.  Please don't.

You just rephrased my message in your previous reply. In about as much favorable light.